A Jewelry Lover’s List of Delights
18.09.2010 § Leave a comment
Pretty things make me feel good. And I’m not the only one, we all are on a quest for beauty because it amazes us. Any kind can be beautiful: natural, crafted, emotional, sensual or senseless, even related… there are so many really and I will not start a philosophical essay on Beauty, my point is we enjoy it. Pretty things make us feel better. As you may have already noticed, one of my favorite pretty things is Jewels. So here is a list of J-things to do, when comfort is needed:
1. Surfing on Jewelers websites: I love entering in new universes when discovering movie-like collection presentations. Some website are so well done that you feel like you’re falling into a dream.
2. Jewelry Auctions: they are so much fun! If you have not been yet and even if you are not buying, you should go at least once just to feel the thrill of an auction.
3. Reading jewelry magazine, going through jewelry auction catalogs, or simple jewelry catalogs. Yes I know it’s kind of a cliché but it’s so good! If you want to go further in the cliché, add the pot of ice cream!
4. Learning about jewelry history: I always was terrible in history at school and it’s remarkable how one starts remembering things when they are related to what one likes :)
5. Looking into gems: it is just too beautiful, I couldn’t describe it with words. I feel very grateful for working with diamonds; it gives me the opportunity to live my passion everyday.
6. Admiring jewelry icons: I am still and sometimes have the feeling I will always be in process of finding my style; and jewelry icons are a great inspiration! It’s also nice to just look at someone jeweled with taste.
7. Another thing I adore, is imagining jewelry pieces. Lately, I’ve been trying to figure out what stones I could put in my future acrostic bracelet on which I would like to hide my first name.
8. And last but not least: Blogging! It is very rewarding to blog; I think it’s the sharing part that’s makes it so much worth it.
I hope you enjoyed the list, what is your jewelry lover’s list of delights?